Tryp Therapeutics Announces 3Q 2021 Financial Results
San Diego, California – July 28, 2021 – Tryp Therapeutics (CSE: TRYP; OTC: TRYPF) ("Tryp" or the "Company"), a pharmaceutical company focused on developing psilocybin-based compounds for diseases with unmet medical needs through accelerated regulatory pathways, announced today its interim financial results for the three and nine month periods ended May 31, 2021. Complete financial statements along with related management discussion and analysis can be found in the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval, the electronic filing system for the disclosure documents of issuers across Canada, at .
Tryp announced a number of significant milestones during the financial reporting period and more recently, including:
- The announcement of a collaboration with the Chronic Pain & Fatigue Research Center at the University of Michigan Medical School to conduct a Phase 2a clinical trial for fibromyalgia that is expected to be the first Phase 2 study evaluating the efficacy of a psychedelic compound for the indication.
- The appointment of Robin Carhart-Harris, Ph.D. as Chairman of Tryp’s Scientific Advisory Board (“SAB”) and the addition of Daniel Clauw, M.D.—a world-leading expert in fibromyalgia and other nociplastic pain indications—as a member of the SAB.
- A partnership with the University of Michigan and George Mashour, M.D., Ph.D., to further the development of Tryp’s proprietary, psilocybin-based TRP-8803 drug product that includes a novel formulation and route of administration aimed at improving the patient experience.
- A collaboration with Fluence to support the design and implementation of innovative psychotherapy to be used in combination with Tryp’s psilocybin-based drug compounds.
- A partnership with Alcami to develop analytical methods and final formulations for Tryp’s drug products.
The Company’s total assets as of May 31, 2021 were $6.1 million, including $5.6 million in cash. Net and comprehensive losses for the three and six months ended May 31, 2021 were both $2.6 million. The net loss for the period was partially due to share-based payments of $917,530, a non-cash expense.
Q3 Investor Day Event
The event will include a presentation by Tryp’s management team to discuss updates on its Psilocybin-for-Neuropsychiatric Disorders (PFNTM) program as well as upcoming milestones for 2021 and beyond. The presentation will be followed with a Q&A session including Greg McKee, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; Luke Hayes, Chief Financial Officer; and Jim Gilligan, Ph.D., President and Chief Science Officer. A replay of the event will be available on Tryp’s website for 30 days following the event at www.tryptherapeutics.com. Registration for the event is available using the link below.
Tryp Therapeutics is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing psilocybin-based compounds for the treatment of diseases with unmet medical needs through accelerated regulatory pathways. Tryp's Psilocybin-For-Neuropsychiatric Disorders (PFN™) program is focused on the development of synthetic psilocybin as a new class of drug for the treatment of chronic pain and eating disorder indications. The company has announced upcoming Phase 2a clinical trials with the University of Michigan and the University of Florida to evaluate its drug products for fibromyalgia and eating disorders, respectively. Tryp is also developing a proprietary psilocybin-based product, TRP-8803, that uses a novel formulation and method of delivery to improve the patient experience.
For more information, please contact us:
NEITHER THE CANADIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER HAS REVIEWED OR ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.